Thursday, January 17, 2013

my newest creation



-a most blessed creation-

      The experience of being pregnant and watching a "seed blooming in the belly" is one of beauty, wonder, and anticipation. I was convinced that having children was not an option in my life. I was so surprised when I found out I was pregnant in December 2011. What a blessing and gift this has been for me! I cherished every moment during my pregnancy even during the hot and humid August days nearing the due date. 

      The experience of giving birth was both challenging and awe inspiring for me. In August I gave birth of my son, Kiran Sage. I consider him to be one of my finest creations. Motherhood has taught me many things including: patience, be present, a bit of selflessness, and a whole new appreciation for my parents, especially my own Mother. It has grounded and centered me in a whole new way. Each day I get to marvel at my child by watching him grow and discover his world. 
     The love for him is a love that is indescribable. 

(image: photo of an invitation I made for dear friends who attended my "Blessingway" ceremony in early August).


No comments: