Saturday, April 19, 2008

current work in progress



My newest work in progress is inspired by a photo of river rocks that I took out west while at Zion National Park last July. The painting above the photo is in the early stages. I tend to use white gesso paint mixed with pure colors to find the right shade. However, sometimes the work appears "muddy". I studied painting in school but it's been such a long time since college that I feel as though I am re-learning painting all over again. It is the process that I enjoy far more than the finished work. I'd love to hear some feedback and your thoughts...anytime. I guess, in the meantime, it's best to go with the flow of the current.

3 comments:

Indelible John said...

Looking at the painting next to the picture I feel like the painting is from the perspective of what it might look like if you were looking at the scene from underneath the ground, looking up at the sky. If it was all sitting on a piece of glass and you could walk under it and look would this be what we would see?

Jannon Baer said...

I like this perspective. It would be fun to look up at the sky through the glass while being underneath the rocks. I'm still working on this one. Thanks for your comment!

Steph said...

The rocks remind me of the eggs in your paintings from college.

It am so happy you are painting again. You have a gift and I love to see you exploring it!